Our materials have a wide range of applicability, from ceramics, to polymers, to metal matrix composites, and even biotechnology. Our products are tough, heat resistant, and durable. They withstand the most demanding applications and environments. Our materials are used in:
- Ceramic Cutting Tools - ceramic cutting tools reinforced with Silar®, the material that started it all. Silar® delivers the ultimate in cutting productivity.
- Technical Ceramics - ceramic parts reinforced with Silar® excel in dynamic operating environments requiring very high temperature stability, fracture resistance, and wear resistance.
- Non-Stick Cookware & Bakeware Coatings - SI-TUFF™ ceramic additive improves scratch resistance, wear resistance, and non-stick service life, while also enhancing heat transfer and cooking/baking efficiency. It does this without affecting non-stick performance.
- Industrial Fluoropolymer Coatings - SI-TUFF™ ceramic additive improves toughness and durability of industrial fluoropolymer coatings, thereby increasing service life. It also enhances thermal conductivity, temperature stability, and thermal shock resistance.
- Ceramic Coatings - SI-TUFF™ ceramic additive enables polymer-derived-ceramic coatings to last longer in harsher environments. It makes the coating harder, stronger, more wear resistant, and more thermally conductive and stable.
- Plant Cell Transformations - plant cells are transformed when brought into contact with our Biograde Silar® material. This material can be treated with DNA and used as messenger needles to transform plant cells.